Shoptalk Europe Returns to Power Retail’s Digital Transformation
Shoptalk Europe is returning to Barcelona this June, following a hugely successful relaunch in 2023, with a purpose of facilitating the digital transformation of the European retail market.
It’s Shoptalk’s aim to create the most dynamic and progressive community in European retail, focused on digital transformation and retail innovation. They bring together the whole ecosystem; retailers, brands, technology innovators and investors, at a senior level, and over 3,000 leaders joined in 2023.
At the heart of the event is Shoptalk’s agenda-setting content programme, and in 2024 it will tackle the industry’s biggest questions to unpick how tomorrow’s consumers will discover, shop and buy, and how retailers and brands will meet their expectations.
Here’s a few of the questions Shoptalk Europe 2024 will be answering, and examples of the great speakers who will be addressing them.
– Getting beyond the AI hype to share real world case studies of which applications of artificial intelligence will be most transformational to the industry. Tian Su is VP Personalisation & Recommendation at Zalando, heading Zalando’s market-leading work on utilising AI to deliver personalised shopping experiences, and is just one of 11 fantastic retailer and brand leaders sharing their experiences on a content track dedicated to Groundbreaking AI Applications in Retail.
– What is Unified Commerce, what sectors is it relevant for, and what technologies and capabilities are needed to deliver it? One of the most exciting conversations in retail is how to break down organisational silos to put the customer at the heart of any retail proposition, finally moving on from historical channel thinking. Hear a Track Keynote from Maria Jose Barrera Rojas, Global Chief Digital Officer & E-Commerce Director, Massimo Dutti, Inditex at Shoptalk Europe talking about how she is leading the delivery of consistent cross-channel experiences to their customers.
– How are industry relationships changing across Europe amid new B2B partnerships, especially driven by the growth of Retail Media Networks. Elodie Perthuisot is CEO of Carrefour Spain, and Carrefour group Chief Digital Officer, so perfectly placed to address this in her Keynote.
– How are brands driving differentiation, loyalty and demand and how are they using the ecosystem of retail, wholesale, marketplace, DTC, and aggregators to fulfil that demand? One of the most compelling brand stories of 2023 was Mattel’s repositioning of Barbie. Hear from Sanjay Luthra, EVP Managing Director Mattel EMEA & Global Head Direct to Consumer International, Mattel, on what they are learning from their direct-to-consumer platform, Mattel Creations, as a powerful catalyst for digital transformation and greater consumer connection.
– What are next-generation customer journeys? Hear from Stanley 1913, the team behind the viral social media sensation, the Stanley Quencher, about how TikTok has helped transform their 110-year-old company by introducing their products to a whole new consumer. Andréa Martins, President, EMEA & LATAM, Stanley1913 will be sharing her perspective on how to succeed with social media and its creators.
Content at Shoptalk is different from other events. Their agenda is entirely editorially led. They curate their programme based on industry feedback, including from our Advisory Board of leading retailers and brands, and accept no payment from any speakers. All are chosen on merit!
Shoptalk Europe is currently handpicking 175+ great speakers for 2024, two-thirds of which will be Founders, CEOs or other C-level executives and the rest at least Vice Presidents in their organisations. Hearing from them provides a unique opportunity to hear fresh insights and actionable takeaways from the very leaders who are pioneering the industry’s transformation.
Bulgarian Fashion Association is Shoptalk Europe’s media partner. Come and join Shoptalk Europe’s community of retail industry decision-makers in Barcelona from 3-5 June 2024.