UK start-up fashion label for ready-to-wear premium womenswear seeks manufacturers of high-end clothing
An award-winning British designer of luxury women’s clothing is seeking manufacturers of premium dresses, woven tops, skirts, outerwear (wool and cashmere coats, leather jackets, etc.) and small goods. This start-up label is looking to partner with low-volume luxury garment manufacturers under long and mutually-beneficial manufacturing agreements in which the two companies will grow together.
Based in Yorkshire, this British womenswear label has many years’ experience of both high street and luxury fashion. The company currently has a capsule collection for the Autumn-Winter ’19 (AW19) season consisting of outerwear and tailored items. The company wants to expand its range to include day-to-night dresses, light woven tops and knitwear; and seeks suitable manufacturers, preferably in European and surrounding countries, with the required expertise and experience to build a relationship offering mutual growth.
The company is seeking to form long-term manufacturing agreements with manufacturers that are able to produce garments to a very high specification in categories of woollens for coats, silks or viscose for day-to-night dresses, and leather lamb nappa leather for jackets. These manufacturers may already be working with existing high-end / premium clothing labels.
Their current range is produced in four sizes – UK 8, 10, 12, 14 (Euro 36, 38, 40, 42).
Their AW range consists of woollen outerwear, Cupro blazers, water-repellent cotton trench coats, lamb nappa leather jackets, and checked blazers. Their recent range consists of silk / viscose dresses, Cupro-blend tops and tailored items, tweed jackets, silk tailored items and cotton / lyocell jumpsuits, small lightweight casual jackets, and light virgin wool / elastane pants.
The company is looking for premium manufacturers that are competent in the following areas, (due to the complexity of the requirements, it is understood that one manufacturer may not be able to fulfil all the requirements):
– Silk / viscose (plain and printed) dresses, pleated skirts, pants and light woven tops for all year round purpose
– Woollen outerwear coats, tailored items and blazers
– Premium knitwear to sit alongside the coats and outerwear pieces for the winter months
Orders will be placed after salesman samples have been provided which will be used at showroom events and trade shows. The company seeks low minimum order quantities initially as it builds trust with partners and begins to increase quantities, ensuring mutual growth with the manufacturers.
The ideal partners should meet as much of the following criteria as possible:
– Have experience working with premium fashion labels and the ability to produce and finish clothing to a high standard
– Be capable of producing dresses, skirts, tops, coats, jackets and small goods
– Actively work with fabrics such as silk, viscose and wool
– Able to manufacture relatively low minimum order quantities
– Able to produce clothing in standard EU / UK sizes
– Desire to work and grow with an emerging fashion brand The company is not seeking partners that mass manufacture clothing in synthetic fabrics such as polyester. The focus is very much on premium slow fashion clothing.
If you are interested to apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org